- A new, state-of-the-art, integrated line investment of approximately $25 million.
- Coupled with a previously approved solutions-making investment, this will add $40 million units of capacity- an overall increase of more than 20 percent.
- There are more than 30 new jobs associated with this increase in capacity.
- The project duration is between 24-30 months, with an expected $7 million spent on local construction and engineering firms.
- Over the next five years, Valeant expects to make an investment of roughly $150 million to the Greenville plant and Greenville distribution center, with an overall investment of over $90 million expected over the next two years.
- Over the next five years, Valeant expects the number of people employed at the Greenville plant and Greenville distribution center to increase by approximately 30% or roughly 150-200 jobs.
Bausch + Lomb Celebrates Four Billionth Bottle
Thursday, October 22, 2015on
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “More than 30 million people in the U.S. wear contact lenses.” If you are one of the 30 million then you are probably familiar with products such as ReNu®, Biotrue®, PeroxiClear®, and Boston Advance Cleaner®- all of which are products for contact lens care. What you may not realize is that these products are manufactured right here in Greenville, SC. The Bausch + Lomb solutions plant has been a staple of the Greater Greenville community for more than 30 years since opening in 1983 and has more than 500 employees helping manufacture more than 30 essential medical products, which are then transported to a nearby shipping facility to be packaged and transported around the world. On October 13, 2015 Bausch + Lomb announced that the company celebrated the production of the four billionth bottle of eye care products manufactured at the Greenville Solutions Plant, with Valeant Chairman and CEO J. Michael Pearson joining elected officials, employees, and local business leaders on a tour of the Greenville facility. “Reaching this incredible milestone demonstrates the enormous impact the facility has had across the globe. Whether it’s one of the hundreds of employees creating our top-of-the-line products, or a consumer who has bought one of our four billion bottles manufactured at this facility for his or her lens care needs, the work that is done here is essential to peoples’ lives,” said Pearson. Bausch + Lomb is a great example of an international company that believes in supporting the local community and its residents which is evidenced with the following facts: