- Manufacturing is everywhere. Approximately 1,600 manufacturing establishments are located in the Upstate.
- Manufacturing provides jobs. Almost 100,000 Upstate residents are employed directly by manufacturers.
- Manufacturing provides income. More than $1 out of every $4 paid in employee compensation in the Upstate is paid for by manufacturers.
- Manufacturing drives innovation. Nationally, manufacturers account for 68% of private sector R&D.
- Manufacturing drives productivity. Nationally, 22 percent of manufacturers introduce new processes each year to increase productivity. Only 8% of non-manufacturers do so.
- Manufacturing provides opportunity. Over the past 4 years, economic development organizations have announced the creation of more than 11,000 new manufacturing-related jobs in our region.
Why Celebrate Manufacturing?
Tuesday, September 30, 2014on
The 17th Annual Manufacturer's BBQ Bash is right around the corner! This Thursday, we will once again celebrate with great food and lots of fun - including Lonny Tolbert, DJ SOUNDSOLUTION, the RE/MAX hot air balloon, door prizes, and more! The BBQ Bash is a great party, but it's more than just that. It's a time to really celebrate and honor our manufacturing industry for the true impact it has made on our local economy. Why celebrate manufacturing?