Leadership Greenville Apply
The application deadline has passed for consideration in the upcoming class. Please check back with us in January 2018 for our next class!
A Message to Leadership Greenvile Class 44 Applicants
Thank you for your interest in participating in Class 44. Leadership Greenville is designed for experienced leaders who want to significantly increase their impact on their organization and their community. This includes senior executives, presidents and vice presidents, executive directors, business owners, and high-level directors and managers, representing all industries and business types within our community.
If you are invited to participate, we are confident that you will have one of the most enriching, engaging and inspiring experiences of your life. You will almost certainly develop life-long friendships with other civic-minded men and women in our community, as well as a deeper understanding of what makes our community exceptional and the challenges we face.
Please understand that Leadership Greenville selection is a highly competitive process. The number of applications we receive always exceeds the number of participants we can accommodate. Therefore, if you are not invited to participate in this class, please do not be discouraged. It is not uncommon for an applicant to apply more than once before being offered an invitation to participate. While there is not a prerequisite for how long you have lived or worked in Greenville County, it is important to demonstrate an understanding of the major dynamics in our area and engagement in service to our community.
To that point, we cannot emphasize enough how important it is for you to complete your application fully, thoughtfully, and on time. Selection is based on the information included in the application, and great weight is given to your essay responses. The Selection Committee considers the following categories when reviewing each application: Commitment to Leadership Greenville, Leadership Potential, Commitment to Civic Engagement, and Diversity of Perspective. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you should have any questions about the application or the selection process, please contact Tami Miller, Leadership Development Director.
We look forward to reviewing your application and appreciate your desire to participate in the Leadership Greenville experience.
The Leadership Greenville Selection Committee
Special thanks to our Leadership Greenville Class 44 Sponsor
LEADERSHIP GREENVILLE ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
A. Selection Process
- You must submit your application on or before 5pm, Friday, April 7, 2017.
- Your application must be submitted electronically only; no other forms will be accepted.
- You will be notified of the Selection Committee's decision regarding your application by the end of June 2017.
- Except in exceptional circumstances, only one applicant per year is allowed to participate in Leadership Greenville from any company or organization as we seek to create diversity in the business sectors represented.
- Participation in Leadership Greenville is recommended to individuals who have either worked or lived in Greenville County for at least six months.
- You may participate in Leadership Greenville only with the written endorsement and consent of the chief executive officer of your company or organization.
- There is no application fee for Leadership Greenville.
- Tuition for Leadership Greenville Class 44 is as follows: For Investors (members) of the Greenville Chamber: $2700. This price includes all Leadership Greenville program and retreat fees, as well as one year of membership in the Leadership Greenville Alumni during your class year. For all others: $3200. This price includes all Leadership Greenville program and retreat fees and one year of membership in the Leadership Greenville Alumni during your class year.
- If you are invited to participate, Leadership Greenville must receive payment in full prior to the Opening Retreat in August.
D. Deferral: If you are invited to participate in Leadership Greenville Class 44, you may not defer your selection to a subsequent year; instead, you must reapply for participation in subsequent classes. Without exception, deferral is not permitted.
E. Key Dates (does not include tours, labs or project meetings)
- Application Deadline April 7, 2017 5pm
- Orientation July 20, 2017 3-6pm, reception following
- Opening Retreat (mandatory) Aug.2 - Aug. 4, 2017 Check in begins after 4pm on Wednesday. Retreat ending Friday afternoon (two nights).
- Project Selection &Team Building Sept. 6, 2017 8am – 5:30pm
- History & Economy Oct. 4, 2017 8am – 5:30pm
- Local Government & Civic Responsibility Nov. 1, 2017 8am – 5:30pm
- Human Services Dec. 6, 2017 8am – 5:30pm
- Justice Jan. 3, 2018 8am – 5:30pm
- State Government Feb. 7, 2018 6:45am – 6pm
- Education Mar. 7, 1018 8am – 5:30pm
- Culture & Community April 4, 2018 8am – 5:30pm
- Closing Retreat May 3-4, 2018 Check in at 8:30am Thursday and ending on Friday afternoon (one night)
- Graduation May 17, 2018 6-8pm