Leadership Greenville Apply
A Message to Leadership Greenvile Class 46 Applicants
Thank you for your interest in participating in Leadership Greenville Class 46. Leadership Greenville is designed for experienced leaders who want to significantly increase their impact on their organization and their community.
If you are selected to participate, we are confident that you will have one of the most enriching, engaging and inspiring experiences of your life. You will almost certainly develop life-long friendships with other civic-minded men and women in our community, as well as a deeper understanding of what makes our community exceptional and the challenges we face.
Please understand that Leadership Greenville selection is a highly competitive process. Therefore, if you are not invited to participate in this class, please do not be discouraged. It is not uncommon for an applicant to apply more than once before being offered an invitation to participate. While there is not a prerequisite for how long you have lived or worked in Greenville County, it is important to demonstrate an understanding of the major dynamics in our area and engagement in service to our community.
To that point, we cannot emphasize enough how important it is for you to complete your application fully, thoughtfully, and on time. Selection is based on the information included in the application, and great weight is given to your essay responses. The Selection Committee considers the following categories when reviewing each application: Commitment to Leadership Greenville, Leadership Potential, Commitment to Civic Engagement, and Diversity of Perspective. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you should have any questions about the application or the selection process, please contact Tami Miller, Leadership Development Director.
On behalf of the Greenville Chamber and the Leadership Greenville Selection Committee, we look forward to reviewing your application and appreciate your desire to participate in the Leadership Greenville experience.
The Leadership Greenville Selection Committee
Special thanks to our Leadership Greenville Class 45 Sponsor
LEADERSHIP GREENVILLE ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
A. Selection Process
- You must submit your application on or before 5pm, Friday, March 29, 2018.
- Your application must be submitted electronically only; no other forms will be accepted.
- You will be notified of the Selection Committee's decision regarding your application by the end of June 2019.
- The Leadership Greenville program is designed for experienced leaders who want to significantly increase their impact on their organization and their community. This includes senior executives, presidents and vice presidents, executive directors, business owners, and high-level directors and managers, representing all industries and business types within our community.
- Experienced leaders from all fields apply. Classes are selected annually from a pool of applicants to be representative of our diverse community.
- While not a requirement, participation in Leadership Greenville is recommended to business professionals who have either worked or lived in Greenville County for at least two years.
- Except in exceptional circumstances, only one applicant per year is allowed to participate in Leadership Greenville from any company or organization as we seek to create diversity in the business sectors represented.
- You may participate in Leadership Greenville only with the written endorsement and consent of the CEO or your direct report of your company or organization (see application).
- There is no application fee for Leadership Greenville.
- Tuition for Leadership Greenville Class 46 is as follows: For investors (members) of the Greenville Chamber, tuition is $3000. This price includes all Leadership Greenville program and retreat fees, as well as access to Leadership Greenville Alumni events during your class year. For all others, tuition is $4500. This price includes all Leadership Greenville program and retreat fees.
- If you are invited to participate, Leadership Greenville must receive payment in full prior to the Opening Retreat in August or you forfeit your place in the class.
If you are invited to participate in Leadership Greenville Class 45, you will not be able to defer your selection to a subsequent year; instead, you must reapply for participation in subsequent classes. Without exception, deferral is not permitted.
E. Key Dates
There are additional tours/workshops and team project meetings which are not included in the dates listed below. Adherence to attendance requirements and participation are expected to maintain good standing and graduate from Leadership Greenville.