It's Not Just Numbers: Using Compensation Surveys to Develop Effective Compensation Plans
1275 Thornblade Blvd.
Greer, SC 29650
Employers Network and the Greenville Chamber will host a full-day workshop, “It’s Not Just Numbers: Using Compensation Surveys to Develop Effective Compensation Plans,” on Wednesday, May 8, at Thornblade Club.
This workshop will provide a comprehensive overview of completing and using compensation data and surveys in a streamlined and repeatable approach. Participants will gain an understanding of best practices for selecting, participating and utilizing compensation surveys for their organization. In this workshop, participants will acquire the knowledge to enhance the overall process for using surveys and data for success in their organization.
Workshop registration and a continental breakfast will begin at 8:30 a.m. The workshop will start at 9 a.m., and en at 4:30 p.m. Guests will be treated to a Thornblade Club buffet lunch.
Cost is $205 per person. Advance, pre-paid reservations are required.
Topics will include:
- Guidelines for participating in compensation surveys and the importance of accurate data
- How to calculate weighted and unweighted averages
- How to identify and understand your organization’s labor market
- Identifying surveys that are appropriate for your organization
- Identifying benchmark positions
- Benchmarking positions against the market
- Blending positions
- Managing and effectively using compensation data
Participants who attend this workshop will be able to:
- Effectively participate in compensation surveys
- Capitalize surveys for the information that they can provide
- Link survey data to your organizations’ strategic plan and culture
- Identify relevant surveys and benchmark positions
- Understand geographical differences and why those may be critical for your organization
- Match unique positions to survey data when there isn’t a perfect fit
- Manage the strategic compensation process
Fee is $205 per person. Fee includes workshop materials, lunch, and continental breakfast. Advance, prepaid reservations are required.
Paying by credit card is the preferred method; however, checks will also be accepted if received no later than the event date.
To register online, click here. (Note: A credit card is required to complete your online registration.)
To register by phone, call the Upstate Employers Network (864-585-1007). If you wish to pay by credit card, your reservation and payment can be handled with one phone call.
No refunds will be made after May 1. (This policy applies to cancellation requests received after May 1, and to event "no-shows.")
Cancellations made after May 1 and on or before May 8 will receive a refund minus a $95 cancellation fee.
Employers Network, designated as a Preferred Provider by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) will award 6.5 Professional Development Credits under SHRM’s ‘Certified Professional,’ and ‘Senior Certified Professional’ designations.
Lynn Loflin is Director, Total Rewards, for Collins Aerospace. In this role, Lynn is responsible for global total rewards plans and programs that support over 70,000 employees. Lynn develops and executes the total rewards strategy to ensure the total rewards value proposition and future development of programs aligns with the overall HR strategy for global compensation and mobility.
Lynn has over 20 years of progressive human resources experience. She has worked in various facets of human resources; including: employee relations, talent acquisition, employee development, HRIS, payroll, and total rewards.
Lynn completed a bachelor’s degree at Limestone College in human resources development and a master’s degree at Clemson University in Human Resources Development. She holds her Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), and Global Remuneration Professional (GRP).
Lynn resides in Rock Hill, S.C. with her family. In her spare time, Lynn enjoys spending time at the beach with her family and watching Clemson football.
Directions to Thornblade Club
- From Interstate 85, take the Pelham Road exit (Exit 54)
- Turn right onto The Parkway, and proceed to the third traffic light
- Turn left onto Sonia Drive
- Turn left onto Thornblade Boulevard
- Clubhouse is located approximately three-quarters mile on the right