Economic Growth Advocacy
Guiding Principle: We support legislation that will help our existing businesses and nurture our entrepreneurs so they can become the next great American success stories.
2016 Agenda Items:
- Business license fees need to be streamlined and standardized across municipalities
to ease the burden on small business.
- We support legal reforms that improve our state's legal climate.
- (Also visit our friends at the C. Civil Justice Coalition)
- We support removing the DHEC board from the permit approval process.
- We support increased funding for the Commerce Department's Office of Innovation.
- We support strong solutions to strengthen our Unemployment Insurance safety net
while lowering the burden on small business.
- We support exploring private, market-based Medicaid reforms that will offer alternative coverage options and take advantage of available federal funds.
To receive updates on economic growth bills that we’re following, sign up for our weekly legislative updates.